| http://www.forbes.com/sites/sap/2012/08/09/what-is-marketing/ |
If you want to be technical about it marketing is defined as "the action or business of promoting and selling products or services, including market research and advertising." You can base your understanding of marketing off of these terms or you can take a more relaxed perspective and look at it the way Forbes see's it. Marketing is a tool that is very important to the business world. In order for a business to be successful one of their main components will be marketing because we all know, no product or service is good without consumers. Most people when they think of marketing they only think of television ads which isn't wrong but is only a very small portion of what marketing actually entails.
| http://www.forbes.com/sites/sap/2012/08/09/what-is-marketing/ |
Marketing techniques have evolved over the years and is now seen more on social media sites as opposed to 20 years ago when marketing was only seen in news papers, on television, on billboards and so forth. Today you see multiple advertisements on your Facebook, Twitter, Vine, and Google. What people fail to realize is Marketing is used in our everyday life's and not just because we see it everywhere either. If you think about it we market on a daily basis ourselves, for example when you convince your friends to do something you think would be fun, that right there is marketing, your selling your idea to your friends. We just know it by a different word "persuasion." Not only does marketing affect our lives in this way but also just talking to people about a common interest can be seen as a marketing technique I don't know about any of you but I definitely went out to buy an item or two after having talked to a friend about the details of the product and how it worked for them.
| Hope you guys enjoy my art =)!! |
Word of mouth is probably the oldest form of marketing. People are definitely more prone to trying something new after consulting it with someone close to them rather than reading about it from an ad they saw on youtube. You have to be aware of how marketing is all around you because you never know when your going to be the one in the hot seat trying to figure out how your going to market something of interest to you.
Enough about marketing lets talk about me a little bit! So I'm Ty and you'll be getting a couple of these cool informative blogs about marketing from me over the next couple of months. This is me working on an assignment for class but also enjoying every minute of it because Marketing is suppose to also be fun in conjunction with being beneficial. So I hope you all enjoy the information that I have to offer and please tell your friends to follow, PLEASE MARKET MY BLOG!! Thanks you guys are all amazing beautiful people.
Today's Promotion
Hey! One more thing before I wrap up, I think it would be an awesome idea to promote something that's interesting to me. So at the end of every post I'll be leaving you with a clip of an ad from what ever it is I think is worthy enough to be promoted. What I'm going to do is find something that is coming out rather soon or that just seems cool and give you guys a brief overview of whatever it is.
YES for all of my Scandal fanatics season 4 will be beginning next week!! This trailer is only 10 seconds long but it gets you right back into that Scandal mindset I can't wait to see what this season has in stored for us, can you? For more information you can visit http://abc.go.com/shows/scandal
No comments:
Post a Comment